Visual Merchandising & Styling Manager
The Visual Merchandising & Styling (VMS) function develops and delivers inspiring, premium, and elevated consumer experiences and presentations for the sport brand across the globe. We work collaboratively across teams to develop product journeys, presentation strategies, styling direction, as well as toolkits & training modules that create a distinct point of view for the brand at retail. Additionally, we partner directly with the business, operations, and design functions to develop, drive and scale new concepts across the Global marketplace. Our team's success is amplified by a connected network of world-class talent across World Headquarters, geographies, territories, and key cities.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a curious, driven, and passionate leader who loves retail, and collaboration and has a deep understanding of the role Visual Merchandising plays in delivering the ultimate consumer experience at retail. This individual should be able to demonstrate proven Visual Merchandising expertise, think strategically through multiple lenses, and is a strong collaborator that can work seamlessly across functions. This requires them to be effective communicator and creative thought-partner who possesses the ability to influence decision-making within their span of control.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
This role leads the development and delivery of Seasonal & 365 VMS presentation strategies, tools, and direction across Retail channels. A typical week consists of regular cross-functional meetings and hands-on working sessions that obsess the needs of the consumer. You will collaborate with the broader VMS Team to ensure this sector and Global priorities & direction are clear, concise, and channel appropriate. You will work closely across VMS areas of focus to understand Geo needs and evolve direction & tools to empower them to deliver the overall VMS vision. This individual will share takeaways, ideate new ways of working, and seek out innovative solutions to shared problems.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
In this role, you will work with a diverse set of individuals, teams, and functions across WHQ and Global organizations. This role reports directly to the Director of Visual Merchandising & Styling - but is encouraged to build and sustain strong relationships with Global and Consumer Direct Marketing Leadership in order to meet brand and business objectives. You will grow collaborative working relationships with Marketing, Merchandising, Digital, Design, Stores, and Operations functions, in addition to outside vendors & agencies. You will also work closely with Geo teams to foster a strong flow of communication and open dialogue to understand team needs and relevant marketplace and competitive trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Design or related field or extensive experience in Visual Merchandising in lieu of a degree.
- 6+ years of proven experience in Visual Merchandising, Retail Marketing, Product Merchandising, or directly related experience in a vertical retail environment.
- Possess a clear passion for the art and science of Visual Merchandising & Styling.
- Ability to create unique and inspiring presentation solutions for various retail environments. Apparel and footwear experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the current retail landscape and the latest trends and innovations for retail.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong influencing & negotiating skills!
- Strong presentation skills and digital literacy with command of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote, Mac proficiency strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 4-6 times per year.
- Must have received or be willing to receive a COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
- Must be willing to work on-site in Beaverton, Oregon 3 days per week
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.