Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Reporting to the Program Management team of the Information Technology division , the Scrum Master makes sure a Scrum team lives by the values and practices of Scrum. The Scrum Master is often considered a coach for the team, helping the team do the best work it can. The Scrum Master does anything possible to help the team perform at their highest level. You will remove any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings, and doing things like working with the product owner to make sure the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
- Serve and support the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to meet defined goals
- Provide all support to the team
- You should personify Scrum and Agile
- Guide and coach the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guide and coach both the Scrum Team and the Development team on organization
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of development
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Coordinate Sprints, Retrospective meetings, and daily scrums
- Help with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Support and educate the Product Owner
- Help build a productive environment
- Bachelors degree desired
- 5 years scrum master experience
- 7 years project management experience or 5 years experience along with scrum master experience.
- Conflict-resolution ability
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set (Jira specifically) and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) preferred
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
For individuals assigned to and/or hired in Colorado, the anticipated salary range for this position is $68,400 to $105,600, which is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills and other job-related qualifications. Pay ranges in locations other than Colorado may differ based on labor market wage rates in those locations. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.