Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Data Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, deploying, and supporting various data management technologies and architectures. In partnership with business leaders, key stakeholders and cross-functional project teams, the Data Engineer will be an active contributor in a collaborative team structure and will have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery of and improve the quality of P&LS products providing increased operational excellence, a greater client experience and other strategic objectives.
· Perform data loads and optimize data for extraction and reporting use
· Assist with discovery of data requirements to ensure proper data collection and plan/roadmap the analysis
· Create and maintain complex data pipelines that support high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and ETL techniques
· Maintain complex databases by performing appropriate database management functions (e.g., maintain space availability, rebuilds indexes, file cleanup, runs utilities to check database integrity) to ensure optimum capacity and application performance
· Produce and maintain data pipelines in support of client and internal reporting needs
· Support development of client facing documentation such as a comprehensive data dictionary and data model documentation
· Establish and maintain data models in support of operational reports, dashboards, and scorecards for internal and external clients
· Experience with ETL tooling and supporting programming languages such as Pentaho, Apache Airflow, and Matillion with strong skills in programming languages such as Python and R
· Strong understanding of different data warehouse schema designs, data model design and documentation, as well as query optimization
· Expert SQL Skills. Experience with relational and non-relational databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, Snowflake, Elastic search, MongoDB), table design and query optimization for each specific platform
· Experience with Power BI or other data visualization tools preferred
· Experience using AWS services such as S3, Redshift, Lambda,
· Strong expectation-setting on required effort/duration to reliably deliver work to meet client deadlines
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.