AVP, Project Management
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Drawing on their background of project and program management, the Area Vice President is accountable for executing projects within the context of delivery. Reporting to COO of CX & Commerce. As Focusing on the quality delivery, the AVP of Program Delivery/Practice Lead accomplishes the role by being someone in process improvement, ensuring that the teams use a flexible and scalable approach to management and has the grasp on the big picture goals.
- Provide strategic leadership, direction, and management for project delivery
- Assess and communicate the risks and issues facing the Practice and ensure resolution and implementation of the mitigation/strategy
- Interact with senior leadership, customers, and project teams to ensure delivery of projects with quality observing the contracted scope, timeline, and budget
- Be an important point of escalation and can resolve team and client challenges
- Participate in strategic resourcing and prioritization (RCP) across the project/portfolio
- Support company- and department-level initiatives
- Hire and retain accomplished people
- Champions equity, diversity and inclusion
- Review estimates and SOW efforts
- Build on the delivery framework and partner with other practice areas to build on our industry leading delivery capital
- Manage the career development of others within the practice
- Prioritize the work and pull the work forward that are important to the positive outcomes for our customers and clients
- Strive to develop improvements that further foster our brand values in our delivery
- 15+ years of experience in project management
- 10+ years in a leadership role
- Experience managing a team running multiple large-scale accounts
- Management experience of a large 50+ person team.
- Experience in system integration and/or product implementation
- Negotiations and conflict management skills
- Intimate knowledge of strategy and platform led engagements
- Comfortable with evolving priorities and projects.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $145,200-$210,100. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Additionally, this position is eligible for discretionary bonus compensation. The company’s bonus compensation plan is subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.