IC Senior_Authenticate_Sr. Analyst_Bay Area_United States
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 4600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means “source” or “origin.” Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company’s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
Ugam, a Merkle company, and part Dentsu, is looking for a Senior Analyst
This role is responsible to transform the client’s business unit to enable next-generation Payments strategy in the Risk Management team. This team’s focus is to ensure the integrity of the marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day. The scope of the charter includes Risk Management Strategy, Policy, Decision Sciences, and Policy Operations.
The ideal candidate will connect decisions to broader business strategies, influence effectively, agility to pivot and adapt to meet the needs of our dynamic marketplace, and build customer experiences that are simple and instil trust.
Role: Senior Analyst
- The principal responsibility of this role is to develop policies to support corporate business objectives while mitigating the risks associated with payment processing and seller activities.
- Be responsible for monitoring, identification, root cause analysis, mitigation and triaging of new and ongoing risk incidents daily with the mission to maintain agreed up metrics.
- Provide real time visibility into Risk checkpoints and controls, conduct in depth analysis of risk events, and emerging threats that arise.
- Develop complex queries to extract data for incident investigation and perform exploratory data analysis to identify emerging/ongoing threats.
- Partner across teams and regions within the organization to coordinate strategy, share insights and maintain healthy metrics across the gift card program.
- Maintain centralized incident tracking, summarizing, and reporting of all incidents.
- Build relationships with clients to better understand their business, and to enable them to better understand how to use analytics to drive their business
- Identify and validate client's data sources to make it consumable for analytical modelling; Perform exploratory data analysis to uncover patterns
- Build customer attrition models and work with cross-functional partners across the client’s organizations to create reports and insightful dashboards that meet their needs.
- Gather business requirements and collaborate with internal and external cross-functional partners on data capture and distribution strategies
- Continuously monitor emerging trends to improve customer retention rate across product portfolio
- Participate and actively contribute to review meetings
(preferred) BS/BA degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or related field
- Up to 4 years of analytics experience in Risk, Ecommerce, or Finance Industries
- Up to 3 years of experience with large datasets, recognizing and interpreting data trends, and using data to influence business decisions
- Ability to break down complex problems and business questions and effectively communicate actionable insights to diverse audiences
- (preferred) Deep understanding of Risk Management in one or more of these areas: collusion fraud, fraud mitigation for online or gift card transaction processing, loss mitigation and recovery, or payments compliance.
- Proficiency in querying, joining, manipulating raw datasets for analysis, data retrieval using SQL
- Experience with building visualizations, reports and dashboards using Tableau (or PowerBI / Spotfire)
- Experience using Python, PySpark or a similar scripting language/tool for statistical analysis
- Must have exceptional and effective communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be pro-active and determined (Initiate action, Analytical and problem solver)
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to actively exchange feedback and improve as required by the role
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.