Junior Project Accountant
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger between Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Our business includes to a large extent the integration and adaptation of standard software along the tasks in our customer projects. In order to meet different requirements, we rely on long-term partnerships with leading technology providers.
The role of the Junior Project Accountant is placed between Commercial Finance, Operational Finance & Project departments. Together with the Project Accounting Team, you are going to make sure that everything on Projects which is related to financial & accounting topics runs smooth. This includes simple validations of project setups, but also more complex tasks like deeper mass-analysis on bookings to give insights in direct meetings with project managers.
Life as a Junior Project Accountant at Merkle
- Collects and analyses financial information on projects to support both commercial finance & project managers;
- Validation of project set-ups in Microsoft Dynamics D365;
- Works proactively with the business to identify necessary changes in set-up and reports for having a perfect vision on financial aspects of a project;
- Support the business in understanding financial process on project level;
- Support on month-end-closing activities from a financial point of view;
- Support on processes like purchase order creation, timesheet workflow process;
- Supplies ad-hoc financial information and analysis as and when required.
What we are looking for in you
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other finance-related fields;
- Advanced English, effective written and oral communication skills;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Experience with D365 F&O is a plus;
- Ability to resolve complex operational and accounting issues;
- Highly motivated, self-starter;
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness days
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.