Sr. Manager of Engineering
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, now known as dentsu International.
Frontend Engineering Manager to provide business leadership and team management. The Frontend Engineering Manager serves clients, business, and engineers by facilitating service delivery and continually improving teams and individuals. The ideal candidate loves working with people and building systematic processes tailored to business needs. The Frontend Engineering Manager is critical to the success of a healthy team by fostering creative solutions and ensuring support through knowledge and resources.
- Coaching individuals and teams via regular one-on-ones and team meetings
- Collaborating with other leaders on internal initiatives to improve methodologies and processes
- Assessing, hiring, and retaining strong technical performers that enrich culture
- Assigning the right individuals to projects based on alignment in skills, interest, and availability
- Communicating, contextualizing, and enforcing company policies and protocols
- Serving as point of contact for external business partnerships and recruiting/staffing organizations
- Working with Sales and Account teams on new business pitches and opportunities
- Navigating critical personal conversations and business decisions to resolution
- Motivating and inspiring people to deliver the best work for clients and co-workers
- Conducting annual reviews and reporting on performance
- Approving team expenses, travel, and vacation requests
- Cultivating a culture of continuous learning, curiosity, craftsmanship, and improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years experience in a professional services consultancy or agency
- A deep understanding of web technologies and demonstrated experience adopting emerging technologies in a manner that is both forward thinking and sustainable
- Demonstrated prior success as a front-end or full stack engineer
- Proven leadership skills managing and growing technical teams and guiding teams to achieve goals together
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Demonstrated understanding of development practices and delivery methodologies
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100,720-$145,800. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.