Cloud & Integration Engineer
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
The cloud & integration Engineer is focused on automating the deployment of cloud infrastructure and services to support application development and hosting, architecting, engineering, deploying, and operationally managing the underlying logical and physical cloud computing infrastructure.
- Define standards (and/or select cloud vendor products) for each infrastructure tower in coordination with traditional engineering and network teams
- For private cloud environment, configure and provision NGI physical stack – incl. rack-level design and other support activities needed from operations/facilities teams
- Continue improving cloud product reliability, availability, maintainability & cost/benefit– incl. developing fault-tolerant tools to ensure general robustness of the cloud infra
- Responsible for managing capacity across public and private cloud resource pools– incl. automating scale down/up of environments
- Support cloud developers in optimizing and automating cloud engineering activities – e.g., real time migration, provisioning and deployment, etc.
- Provide inputs to IT financial management for cloud – on costs associated with capacity build-out, forecast for cloud IT investments, etc.
- Expertise in infrastructure as code (e.g., cloud formation, ARM, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with configuring, deploying and operating public cloud services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Basic familiarity with network features – e.g., cloud network topology, BGP, routing, web (REST) APIs
- High availability engineering experience (region, availability zone, data replication clustering)
- Awareness in open-source tools & scripting language (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Shell, Kubernetes)
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycles
- Understanding of network architectures suitable for different cloud topologies
- Good knowledge of security implications of public & private cloud infra design
- Product development in a scaled agile environment
- Knowledge of consumption driven TCO on cloud – i.e. understanding of cloud provider pricing vs. internal costing for various config decisions
- Awareness of DevOps methodologies and ability/mindset to drive rapid prototyping and piloting of cloud solutions
- Familiarity with user expectations/OLAs for cloud services (to be able to design user centric engineering services – e.g., provisioning self-service workflow)
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Phone: +381 69 789 039
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.