AWS Cloud Engineer
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
- Define Standards (and/or selected cloud vendor products) for each infrastructure tower in coordination with traditional engineering and network teams
- For private cloud environment, configure and provision NGI physical stack - incl. rack-level design and other support activities needed from operational/facilities teams
- Continue improving cloud product reliability, availability, maintainability, and cost/benefit - incl. developing fault-tolerant tools to ensure general robustness of the cloud infra
- Responsible for managing capacity across public and private cloud resource pools - incl. automating scale down/up of environments
- Support cloud developers in optimizing and automating cloud engineering activities - e.g. real-time migration, provisioning, deployment, etc.
- Provide inputs to IT financial management for cloud - on costs associated with capacity build-ou, forecast for cloud IT investments, etc.
- Expertise in infrastructure as code (e.g. cloud formation, ARM, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with configuring, deploying, and operating public cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Basic familiarity with network features - e.g. cloud network topology, BGP, routing, web (Rest) APIs
- High availability engineering experience (region, availability zone, data replication clustering)
- Awareness in open-source tools and Scripting languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Shell, Kubernetes)
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycles
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation according to your experience
- Career path
- Software-house environment
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- 25 vacations days
- Free coffee
- Team & Company events (we can't wait to throw a huge party after the COVID🎉🎊)