Audience Analytics, Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Location: Columbia, MD or New York, NY or remote
This role is part of Merkle’s expanding Audience Science practice that supports the implementation of audience strategy and analytics for retail media networks and drives activation across channels utilizing tools such as LiveRamp, Facebook, DV360 etc. The goal of our practice is to help clients scale segmentation and measurement across these platforms, maximize the usage, and demonstrate ROI from driving a centralized audience strategy and omnichannel orchestration.
- Lead client engagements by providing expertise around platforms, data strategy, audience analytics for cross-channel customer engagement, testing, and measurement
- Drive use case development to improve business KPI based on client goals, data availability, and organizational readiness
- Define data taxonomy required to drive use cases based on a detailed understanding of clients online and offline data
- Conduct audience analyses using data attributes and business knowledge and develop audiences based on testing and targeting strategy
- Drive activation and orchestration of audiences across partners such as Google, Facebook, ESP’s, DSP’s and App platforms
- Facilitate new technology integrations within and outside of the platform with digital vendors and internal data warehouses to enhance audience capabilities
- Partner with project managers to develop a detailed project plan and ensure timeliness, quality of deliverables, and client expectations
- Ability to lead analysts and work with other teams/groups at Merkle to conduct above activities
Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years’ experience in digital analytics preferably at a digital agency/consulting roles
- Experienced with execution of digital campaigns in one or many channels including search, display, email, site, mobile
- Experience with MarTech platforms is preferred but not required
- Self-Starter with ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; Summarize key findings/insights; Make actionable recommendations; and develop new and innovative analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems
- Education: Graduate or bachelor’s degree in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field plus several years' experience in applied disciplines; advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) preferred
- Retail Industry experience and Digital Media experience preferred
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral presentation skills. Manage individual/team day-to-day tasks; and meet project deadlines
- Client Management: Ability to manage client expectations, delivery and provide thought leadership
- Additional Skills: Strong problem solving and ability to take initiatives. Contribute to innovation, process improvement and standardization.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.