We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
You will work both independently and collaboratively (with a 6-person team) to develop and implement new application functionalities and maintenance code in PL/SQL and Oracle APEX.
The ideal candidate should have strong experience in Oracle PL/SQL programming and ideally knowledge of Oracle APEX - Although if you are not familiar with this, you will be able to gain experience through on the job learning.
For the role of PL/SQL Developer, you will need to have the ability to be collaborative in your approach and communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
Life as a PL/SQL Developer
The most important tasks on a daily basis will be:
- Defect analysis
- Give functional test support
- Send accurate instructions to deploy the datafix solution to the production environment
We offer continuous training to update your skills
What we are looking for in you
- At least 3 years’ experience in the following:
- PL/SQL Developing packages in Oracle SQL.
- Performance Tuning and SQL Optimization SQL queries.
- Designing and implementing new functionalities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- ETL knowledge
- Good communication skills to work with people from different locations: India/UK/Spain
- Strong English level
- Ab-initio or RPA experience will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Unit Testing is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Spanish/English Lessons
- Career development though Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning
- Free life insurance
- Free health insurance
- Young, creative, and dynamic team
- Opportunity for personal growth and professional development
- Great friendly and international environment
- A company in constant evolution and with growth plans
- A strong after-work culture
- Free tea, coffee, fruit, cookies
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.