Email Developer (HTML)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
As an Email Developer you will play a pivotal role in maintaining client satisfaction and loyalty by providing exceptional services to a vast array of clients.
You will be responsible to perform a range of pre-defined tasks to agreed service performance level targets covering quality, throughput and customer satisfaction. These tasks may involve HTML Email Campaign Creation, Updates to an existing HTML Framework, troubleshooting HTML Email rendering issues, execution of HTML Email Campaigns and client issues within the Email Service Provider Oracle Eloqua.
You will be client facing with the need to present to internal and external key stakeholder. You will be responsible for guidance and support for other team members.
You will be responsible for keeping up to date with what trends and technologies are emerging within the email marketing landscape and how bringing this into Merkle can enhance the overall offering for our clients.
Quality Assurance is a significant task within the role – you will need to ensure flawless Email Campaign execution regardless of scale and complexity.
Life as Email Developer at Merkle
The role will be focused on hands on delivery of the clients managed service agreement:
- Hands on HTML campaign production (email development, rendering optimization, dynamic rules) and deployment (content set up within deployment tool, applying segmentation, deployment scheduling, quality assurance)
- Work with internal teams and or client teams in coordinating and communicating any client requests
- Being aware and having a proactive, mindful “eye” to problem identification and mitigation (associated with execution of HTML Email Campaigns); capable and confident problem-solving skills; recognizing when and to whom to escalate and issues; utilizing knowledge and experience to avoid repeat/similar problems in the future
- Responsible for technical skills definition and training of specialists
- Ensure all work being produced meets the highest standards, error free and delivered on time
- Continuously seeking to improvise and receptive to change
- Work with internal teams on training and providing support in HTML Email Development
- Serve as an expert on email best practices and educating others
- Keep up with industry standards and new best practices in email development
- Provide Email Best Practice guidance to internal and client teams
- Participate in business process due diligence and documentation
- Present to key internal and external stakeholders
What we are looking for in you
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Dreamweaver)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and ability to create HTML emails from scratch
- Circa: 2 years + experience
- Proficient with Oracle Eloqua
- Proficiency with understanding data and journey building (Desirable
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.