Analytics Business Analyst
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Your role will be to help a cross-functional digital analytics team to globally deploy a complete measurement framework and data after sales service. You will become the privileged contact with analysts across the world to gather their feedback and extend measurement features based on a global roadmap & local needs.
What are the specific responsibilities ?
- Measuring: Involved in cross-functional collaborative teams (BI teams, IT teams, campaign teams, content teams, channel teams, developers teams) to design the most appropriate measurement plan.
- Documenting: Build & maintain reference setup documentations and playbooks to onboard the organization on analytics and reporting
- Configuring: Responsible of the measurement capabilities setup (Google Analytics 360 & Google Tag Manager 360) to implement an appropriate tagging structure on our owned digital assets.
- Deploying: Cooperate with DevOps to assist with the development & deployment of tracking plans.
- Testing: Bring our organization to high data quality standards for data and analytics validation and reducing the need for quick-fixes and workaround technical solutions
- Guaranteeing & maintaining: Responsible for the data validation final cut. You deliver the most reliable data sources to organizations, you log data issues and organize resolution plans. You develop & spread a data insurance process with DevOps to minimize upcoming discrepancies
- Data Protection: You will be the interface for GDPR and Data protection topics for Google Analytics between Measurement & Legal teams
- Reporting: Most importantly you will convert every digitally measured action into a marketing report, and inspire colleagues to adopt measurement best practices and an analytics-driven approach to marketing optimization & increasing conversions. You will also bring your web analytics sensibility into ad-hoc analysis, findings and recommendations to support marketing & sales teams
- Enabling: advising and supporting other teams on how to leverage tag management capabilities and existing measurements for other web solutions (A/B testing & UX, Paid media, DMP...).
- Improving: Ensure Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager setup are following ideal and legal practices for data collection
- Spreading: Helping enterprise data to export all Google stack data within separate data warehouse
- Empowering: Participate in hubs or market engagement with training material creation and analytics community animation
- Administering: Managing and improving necessary processes to grant access to Google capabilities to all client stakeholders (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Google Big Query)
You are passionate about data. Your specialty is speaking the language of marketing & website developer teams to design & deploy on-demand tracking frameworks as a fast delivery service. You maintain high-quality datasets that your stakeholders can rely on for their decision making, and you also offer clear actionable analysis.
- Complete skills in Google Analytics measurement plan building, from business request to detailed programming specifications (Previous experience in agency with Google Analytics deployment)
- Proven previous Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager deployments with global instances, including web and mobile. Must be able to demonstrate technical analytic capabilities and use of Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics (ideally Google Analytics 360)
- Clear understanding of HTML/JS, and capabilities to explain requirement with developers
- Knowledge of advertising pixel & tagging tools (Floodlight, Facebook pixel,...)
- Excellence in data testing for reliability. Must show an highly precise process for tracking testing
- Advanced understanding of campaign tagging and naming convention
- Certified in Google Analytics is preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics data quality process (HubScan, Observepoint)
- Use of JIRA & Agile methodologies is preferred
- Experience and skilled at interpreting data
- A natural question solver
- Must be proactive, motivated, highly-organized and a self-starter
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.