Merkle Sokrati is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
The Research Associate will play a key role in developing and executing research initiatives and reports that support our clients’ businesses and people-based marketing objectives. In this role, you will gain a deep understanding of multiple verticals that Merkle operates in, clients’ businesses, the motivations of their customers and target audiences, and the implications of trends within each industry. The associate will primarily support Merkle’s Client Strategy team in the U.S. through research reports and other outputs.
To be successful in the Associate role, you will need both an analytical and a strategic mindset. This role requires the ability to compile, assess and synthesize data from various sources, to uncover consumer insights from qualitative & quantitative research, and to tell a story about those findings through research reports.
- Performing industry and customer research, including competitive analyses, quarterly and annual trend reports and support for new business pitches
- Developing detailed research reports across a range of verticals (e.g. retail & consumer goods, high tech, financial services, media & entertainment, travel, automotive, nonprofit and health)
- Creating briefs to support strategy development across multiple business and marketing challenges (e.g. market entry, demographic studies, benchmarking, etc.)
- Developing proficiency with a range of research tools across different marketing channels (e.g. search, email, display)
- Interfacing with US-based Merkle team to understand project requirements and present research outputs
- Tracking developments in the research space and across specific tools, to identify new opportunities for Merkle’s Customer Strategy team
- BA/B.Com/MBA in a research-, strategy-, or marketing-related field
- 3-4 years of industry experience in marketing, digital experience or primary research
- Experience working with U.S. clients
- Ability to translate data from multiple sources into comprehensive insights that drive marketing strategy
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills. Experience translating data analysis into actionable presentations – strong proficiency in PowerPoint is required.
- Results-oriented, customer-focused team player
- Adaptability, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to understand different industry/business types, and customize research reports accordingly
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to align with client strategic objectives and roadmap
- Focused; a self-starter with experience working in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills