Account Director - Luxury Goods & CPG*
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
The Account Director will report to the respective Client Director of the vertical portfolio and will manage a portfolio of ongoing activities in large accounts. You will maintain and grow the business by promoting the full range of services to your clients.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for customer account management matters on the defined set of clients
- Responsible for the P&L of these clients
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Identify and qualify leads and opportunities (FxP and T&M)
- Follow up the progress of leads and opportunities
- Creates, negotiates, and closes commercial agreements
- Achieves account targets and KPI’s as set by the Client Director
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Liaises with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with Client Directors to identify and grow opportunities
- Assign resources from the company to the client
- Manage financial closing activities (invoicing)
- Collaborate with various internal teams to answer to Request for Proposals for new or existing clients
- We need you to have 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience as engagement manager, account manager or relevant role preferably in professional services, enterprise software solutions, cloud space, IT sector and has the ability to develop a good understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Optimally experience / knowledge on the relevant vertical (e.g. NPO/NGO, CPG, Retail, Financial Services, Insurance, Public, etc.)
- Have built strong relationships with client, meeting regularly to review business challenges
- Have identified and delivered cross sell / up sell opportunities
- Have led successful new business pitches
- Experience in digital topics and delivering digital projects.
- Background in Marketing, IT or Business Administration or comparable qualification
- Networking mentality with a winning and friendly personality
- Willingness to travel
- Proficient in managing the pipeline using CRM systems, preferably Salesforce CRM
- Can evidence a track record of increasing revenue by hitting or exceeding personal targets
- Languages: Ability to negotiate in French and English (written & orally).
- Articulate presenter, with the ability to present to senior clients and internal agency teams, comfortable with showing what data means and how we can act based upon it
- Passionate about and engaged with the fast-changing world of digital
- Highly literate with a good understanding of how language is used to communicate to different audiences
- Commitment to deliver first class work every time, and never leave a quality issue unchecked
- Highly commercial - selling value, negotiation, client relationship management skills, how to be a trusted business advisor
- Excellent planning, analytical and organisational skills alongside high attention to detail
- Ability to analyse numerical data and pull out reasonable and rational conclusions to underpin innovative strategic plan
- Strong understanding of holistic digital concepts, propositions, digital services
- Strategic rigour and viewpoint
Our Culture: Merkle’s energy and personality lives through everything we say and do. Learn all about what defines our people and our vibe.
Students & Recent Graduates: Start your career at Merkle and get on the path to success.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.