IC Senior_CI_Senior Analyst_Bay Area, CA
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 4600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means “source” or “origin.” Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company’s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
Accelerate your career with Ugam, the no. 1 data science company to work for.
Ugam, a Merkle company and part Dentsu, is looking for Senior Analyst.
This role is responsible for working with the client’s team on high impact marketing analytics problems for ecommerce Marketplace, using descriptive and predictive analytics when needed. You will consult client stakeholders on approaches for problem-solving & scaling analytics that influence strategic decisions within the client’s organization on tracking channel performance optimization, advertising costs, researching consumer behavior and exploring market trends and opportunities.
Role: Senior Analyst Key
- Provide consultative support as and when required and should be able to handle complex projects independently
- Perform exploratory data analysis, data deep dives and generate data insights
- Substantial portion of work would require advanced Data Modelling and Data Wrangling
- Responsible for implementing multiple model types/methodologies, will design, test and architect variety of models based on business requirements
- Build relationships with clients to better understand their business, and to enable them to better understand how to use analytics to drive their business
- Develop code, statistical models, dashboards and presentations as per client requirements
- Present the results of the work to client stake holders and give insights and recommendations that have tangible business impacts
- Work with onsite and offshore team to structure solutions based on analytics tools and techniques
- Compliance of structured problem-solving approach and documentation of the same
- Assist the team in process improvement / automation to increase efficiency
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders
Qualification: BE / B. Tech/Master’s in Computer science/Business Analytics/ Statistics
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in analytics consulting and professional services
- At least 1-3 years hands on experience in creating visualizations and dashboards through insights
- Hands-on experience working with large, complex, and diverse datasets
- Consultative approach and ability to apply first principles and structured approaches to problem solving as opposed to relying excessively on past domain expertise alone
- Ecommerce and Retail experience strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working with Tableau and analysing large datasets
- Strong SQL query skills and experience in BI Dashboards required
- Experience with Exploratory Data Analysis
- At least 1+ year of experience working with Python / R programming
- Must have exceptional and effective communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be pro-active and determined (Initiates action, Analytical and problem solver)
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100K-$130K/annum. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available.
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.