Senior Systems Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK; we have made several acquisitions, secured incredible new premises and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
The Pega Senior System Architect (SSA) role contributes to design and build components of enterprise applications and provide consultative guidance on all project assignments for our clients.
Working on-site at a customer location (or remotely if agreed by the client), this role will work as part of a project team to ensure that the business and technical architecture of the delivered solution matches customer requirements. At times, this position will lead aspects of design, development and mentoring of resources.
Life as an SSA at Merkle
- We are the largest global implementation partner for Pega Marketing and Decisioning implementations with Pegasystems
- A rapidly growing Merkle Pega Practice, and great opportunity to work with a multitude of clients across the UK and EMEA regions
- The opportunity to make tangible impact on Merkle’s Pega Practice, as well as our market leading clients
- A fun and friendly environment that is collaborative and fast, working with leading edge Pega technology
- Access to training material and Merkle’s Centre of Excellence to support you with your professional goals and aspirations, allowing for accelerated recognition and rewards
- Regular, personal interaction with the Merkle Pega leadership team and senior leadership of our clients
What we are looking for in you
- Pega Certified Senior System Architect qualification (preferably in v8 or above)
- 3+ years of experience working in a Pega development team
- Working knowledge or exposure to Pega Decisioning / Next-Best-Action Designer
- Pega Certified Decisioning Consultant qualification
- Understanding of, and development experience using Agile Methodology
- Able to partner with both the client and the business team to develop high quality deliverables across all phases of a project (requirements gathering, design and build phases, user acceptance testing, etc.)
- Can demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for the client’s success by taking personal accountability to ensure that the product is fully functioning, meets business requirements,
- Capable to mentor and train junior team members, and client business stakeholders
A few of the benefits
- You’ll have a competitive salary, private health & dental insurance, holiday & wellness days off, corporate discounts and career development through Dentsu University
- Unlimited access to Pega Academy and Paid Pega training & certification programs
- You’ll have a hybrid working schedule, with some flexibility on start/end hours, and choosing yourself whether to work from home or our modern office on Triton St, London
- We’re a friendly bunch! We host regular team socials and company-wide workshops
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.