Senior Project Manager
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. We use data, technology, and analytics to help the world's best brands make their advertising more relevant, their experiences more personal, and manage relationships over time.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and innovative Senior Project Manager to join our growing agency, who can bring solid experience of working on both Data & Digital Marketing projects. The successful candidate will work with our leading client brands on an exciting mix of marketing technology solutions, transformation and operational projects.
We are a global agency, so your role will have a broad, diverse set of responsibilities within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will form part of a cross-functional team focused on delivering exceptional service and positive change for our clients.
Working with our client partner, technical, delivery and account management leads, you will help grow our engagements and deliver on our promises, whilst always executing at the highest level.
- Experience in leading multi-channel marketing automation platform projects & associated data integrations or migrations
- Keeping up to date with the latest relevant technical innovations and industry trends to share in a digestible format with clients and project team members
- Hands on experience in managing projects across some of the following disciplines such as Marketing Technology implementation & configuration / migration, digital marketing, data, Customer Journey design & build, customer experience, and IT
- Have strong project management knowledge and organisational skills, with the ability to plan & prioritise in order to meet deadlines in a calm and effective way
- Management of project resourcing and commercials including forecasting, time management and invoicing
- Providing clear and concise reporting project of status including issues and risks to relevant stakeholders
- Building relationships with client stakeholders, ensuring that Merkle successfully delivers project and client service excellence
- Client-focused, with the ability to interpret and understand client needs and deliver results
- Defining, managing and reporting against KPI’s and SLA’s
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too. Here are a few of our benefits:
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter