Magnolia Technical Lead
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
We are a leading data-driven & technology-enabled full-service agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across various platforms and devices. We partner with the Top 500 companies in the DACH region as well as in Eastern Europe and focus on customer experience transformation & CXM.
Our 1800 digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 147 countries.
The Technical Lead Magnolia supervises the Magnolia platform development and maintenance, technology architecture, and technology integration. You will create platform standards to ensure the overall platform health and ensure compliance with the running projects. As Technical Lead, you will be involved in refining, consulting, and implementing new features and be accountable for maintaining the overall magnolia solution including the CI/CD pipeline (deployment on Magnolia PaaS - Kubernetes cluster). Day-to-day, you will resolve the most technically challenging and/or urgent support-related requests.
As the team leader of the support and maintenance team, you will manage a multi-disciplinary and self-sustainable technology group of 3-5 team members. Next to the general team management activities like shift management and training development, the incumbent will provide technical guidance upon request and ensure SLA’s compliance and service optimization.
Together with the Technology Leads of the other platforms such as Sitecore and Salesforce Commerce Cloud, you will be responsible for the technical architecture and standards of the end-to-end business solutions.
- Act as a Platform owner that has the technical ownership of an platform and take over the responsibility to meet the SLAs
- Work with client’s IT organization to establish technology strategy at a platform and business solution level.
- Recommend and implement best business practice/process improvements – invoke business innovation
- Document and ensure platform standards
- Act as a trusted advisor to the client
- Stay on top of strategic changes/new functionality – perform knowledge share session
- Take over the responsibility of the software quality, ensure code reviews, proactively analyze error logs and monitoring logs as well as provide improvement approaches and own the software quality process
- Owner of the overall technical platform documentation and technical yearly roadmap
- Ensure all enhancements/projects have appropriate documentation
- Co-owner of the platform release calendar
- Contribute to a highly automated CI/CD pipeline and take over the ownership in a reliable deployment process
- Construct the version control / git use to follow team processes
- Understand the platform positioning in the larger architectural design
- Incident and problem analysis and substantial contribution to resolution. Take over the technical resolution ownership
- Debugging issues and performing complex code/config changes to ensure resolution
- Analysis of ticket trends and provide recommendations to revert any negative trend
- Report on Support KPI and own the issues until resolution.
- Handle platform upgrades and updates, security patching (if applicable)
- Technical API Gateway services
- API Gateway Security
- API Gateway Traffic management
- Development of new API Gateway services
- Coordinates and resolves Azure API related issues
- Analyzes business requirements and makes a technical design
- Refining, consulting and implementing new features by writing robust, well-organized code with performance, and maintainability in mind (Magnolia Backend)
- Update the code / application documentation and provides release notes according to every maintenance release
- Support produce training materials for new functionalities and newly developed features
- Review and approve team members' work (bug fixed and new feature development) and internal documentation
- Leads teams of 3-5 members to deliver to the highest quality, exceeding customer expectations
- Coach/train/develop the different team member
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience with software architecture and technical design
- 3+ years of experience with CMS systems such as Magnolia or AEM, ideally in a leadership role on at least 2 comprehensive projects
- 3+ years experience in leadership of software development teams
- ITIL, certified in foundation level or higher
- API Knowledge
- 1-3 years of experience with
- Should be very strong with Net Core
- Strong in creating defining Swagger specs for REST APIs, understanding REST principles guidelines
- REST APIs SOAP, Web APIs, JSON, XML
- Should be very strong in REST and SOAP Security, including OAUTH SAML token, etc.
- Working knowledge of Azure
- Strong knowledge and experience with integrations to backend systems
- Very good knowledge of Java as well as experience with standard software frameworks (Spring and Blossom)
- Good knowledge of tools such as Maven, Azure Search and Kubernetes / Helm
- Extensive experience with debugging, reuse, source code, management strategies (e.g. forking, branching), and release management
- Knowledge of server-side web technologies and frameworks as well as software engineering principles, databases and data modeling/design techniques, data interface protocols, caching/performance improvements, software design patterns, and integration patterns
- Experience with production deployment readiness and cloud-based deployment models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, client oriented and internally
- Open to participate in the on-call organization as well as in the shift-organisation
- Ability to present to C-level
- Time management skills
- Strong service-oriented and customer-centric mindset with basic skills in ITIL
- Ability to gather data, analyze, propose actions and solutions and report to direct management
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and team player
- Coach and train other team members
- Stress tolerance, adaptability, and tactical mindset
- Collaborative skills
- Interpret, visualize, and present trend analysis results to stakeholders.
- Can-do and pro-active attitude
- Good presentation skills
- Attention to details
If you feel inspired by us, we will probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.