SFCC Support Engineer / Developer
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
We are a leading data-driven & technology-enabled full-service agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across various platforms and devices. We partner with the Top 500 companies in the DACH region as well as in Eastern Europe and focus on customer experience transformation & CXM.
Our 1800 digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 147 countries.
This role will mainly focus on the support and maintenance (including software development) of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform. The successful candidate will join an international multi-skilled team which founded on customer centricity and pro-activeness.
- Refining, consulting and implementing new features by writing robust, well-organized code with performance, and maintainability in mind (SFCC Backend)
- Update the code / application documentation and provides release notes according to every maintenance release
- Produce training materials for new functionalities and newly developed features
- Performs software upgrades and updates (if applicable)
- Assess the impact of upgrades and updates, security patches ( if applicable)
- Assist the technical lead with the overall SFCC roadmap
- Train/coach business owner on new functionalities
- Implement and maintain application monitoring
Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Implement Digital Consumer experiences based on a foundation of SFCC (Salesforce commerce cloud) to meet expected quality standards
- Ensure functional requirements and high-level solution designs are understood and are translated into detailed technical design
- Implement proofs of concept to prove any new technologies, application flows or integration scenarios and identify customizations needed to SFCC platform for meeting client requirements
- Guide the performance tuning and scalability of the ecommerce solution
- Diagnose and solve technical problems during implementation and support phases
- Incident (bug and service request) and problem analysis and resolution.
- Debugging issues and performing complex code/config changes to ensure resolution
- Analysis of ticket trends and provide recommendations to revert any negative trend
- Own the issues until resolution.
- Supporting Clients with technical knowhow
- Collaborate with an international team Coordinates feature requests, pull requests, bugs in Magnolia modules, issues or other topics with Magnolia support / devs
- Escalate to other support teams if resolution can’t be found or to the technical lead
- Using ServiceNow as unified working tool to manage incidents
- Responsible to build/maintain technical and training materials in central repository
- Responsible to build/maintain Quick Reference guides and FAQ’s
- Maintain internal team documentation – process changes, configuration documents etc.
- Problem management to find the root cause and implement a resolution
- Perform or support the required regression testing
- Perform MASS updates
- Includes correct assessment of priority and business service
- SLA monitoring
- Receive knowledge transfers from new projects
- Review all documentation provided by new projects to acquire knowledge regarding new processes implemented
- Act upon any monitoring alerts
- Provide feedback on ticket / problem to improve the monitoring solution
- Report on monitoring alerts and identify when alerts can be classified as pro-active
- University or college degree in computer science or business information systems
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of SFCC experience
- ITIL, certified in foundation level or higher
- Write excellent Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) solutions , using DW Pipelet, JS Controllers, REST APIs, and other technologies.
- Expertly design and develop third party (backend) integrations such as Address/Shipping/Tax validation, CRM, OMS, and Payment authorizations.
- Atlassian Confluence (must have) and ServiceNow (nice to have)
- Magnolia, Sitecore, Azure API (nice to have)
- From a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Support Engineer, we expect someone with a full customer-centric mindset. Someone who manages the customer expectations to prevent any frustration or in the grimmest scenario, an escalation. Someone who can obtain from the customer all the information to start the investigation and deliver a proper answer for customer issues/requests in the briefest possible time.
- It is expected from an SFCC Support Engineer to have an overview of SFCC and full knowledge of the Business Manager and understands commerce processes with their implications as well as SFCC REST APIs, cartridges and SFRA.
It is also expected to have a full knowledge about all development tools offered by SFCC. An SFCC Support Engineer / Developer should be able to debug an issue (impersonating users and using debug logs or browsers inspection) and should be able to identify the bug and fix it following the best practices. An SFCC Support Engineer / Developer must be familiar with Git tools (Bitbucket, Source tree, Salesforce DX, Force Code, Visual Studio Code, etc.) and code versioning once it’s the way all the changes in the platform is being recorded.
An SFCC Support Engineer / Developer should be able to handle small enhancements following the code best practices and deliver a suitable solution to cover the request and should be experienced in B2C, multi-site and multi-country, end-to-end implementations of SFCC eCommerce applications.
The first key step is to know the client we work for. It’s meaningful to have an overview of what our client offers as services and which one we support. Since we work directly with several tools provided by the client, the newcomer must be aware of client's security policies.
We work with an overly complex ecosystem. The newcomer must be thoughtful when introducing new features/changes. The newcomer must ask for business approval when changes in the business rules are being applied.
If you feel inspired by us, we will probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.