Software Engineer - Backend
About Dentsu India:
Dentsu international comprises of six leadership brands - Carat, dentsu X, iProspect, Isobar, dentsuMB and Merkle Sokrati, each supported by its specialist divisions and scaled services. With best-in-class services and solutions in Media, Customer Experience Management (CXM), and Creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 66,000 dedicated specialists.
Part of dentsu International, dentsu India helps some of the biggest & most interesting brands who are our clients everyday to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in Media, CXM (Customer Experience Management) and Creative, Dentsu India is the 2nd biggest Advertising agency network in India while the dentsu international is the 5th largest in the world.
In good times and bad, we partner with brands to achieve meaningful progress as we are a force for good & for meaningful growth. Our teams of optimists, entrepreneurs and first-movers coalesce around the needs of our clients, unlocking unique possibilities for sustainable value and lasting change.
Learn more at:
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2018 net revenue of $846million.
- Hands on back end development with ability to write restful API.
- Working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Working on cloud platforms like AWS and GCP.
- Writing clean, modular and well documented code.
- Working with Node.js.
- Create Unit and Integration tests to ensure the quality of code.
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; Master's degree is preferred
- Should have experience working with backend technologies, built on one of the primary programming languages mentioned above.
- Experience with working on SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Should be able to design and implement low-latency, secure, and performant back end.
- Have hands on experience with AWS/GCP cloud platforms.
- Understands version control like git and have hands on experience with all software development process from planning to deployment.
- Must have good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Should be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Understanding & proficiency in REST APIs.
- An opportunity to work with one of India’s most promising companies in a genuine growth hacking role.
- Unparalleled learning opportunities in the company of ridiculously smart folks with very high levels of expertise in their respective functions.
- Fantastically transparent, vibrant, and positive work culture.