Technical Senior Associate
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We are currently experiencing incredible growth at Merkle and have a range of roles open for SEO professionals with different skillsets and levels of experience – we’d love to hear from you if you have a passion for SEO!
For this role we are looking for a Senior SEO Technical Associate with technical SEO experience and a strong desire to learn and develop to join our talented & passionate SEO team. The candidate will be working closely with the senior technical lead to ensure the standards of technical SEO work are kept to the highest level across the wider SEO team.
Reporting to one of our fantastic Managers, we’ll help you continue to develop your digital marketing career.
A typical day will include completing technical SEO work and performing QA of deliverables. We’re also looking for someone who is comfortable training generalist SEOs to boost their tech skills.
Life as a Senior SEO Technical Associate at Merkle
Unlike some SEO roles, you won’t find yourself managing teams of outreachers chasing unrealistic link building targets. Instead, we focus on helping clients deliver incredible search experiences for audiences, meaning your day to day will see you:
- Produce Merkle standard recommendations that deliver value to our clients
- Help wider SEO team develop their tech skills
- Keep up to date with industry updates and new techniques, particularly in the web dev field
- Contribute in solving complex SEO problems for websites across different platforms and markets
- Carry out training and workshops for junior associates
- Mentor junior associates
- Help to prepare presentations and potentially speak at conferences
- Help to develop new methods of analysis and data collection
What we are looking for in you
Our ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Experience within an SEO-focused role ideally within an Agency environment
· Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry-leading expert
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; strong client relationships building skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
· Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Additionally, the following are nice to haves:
· Experience working in collaboration with other digital marketing teams (e.g. Paid Search, CRO, Digital Experience)
· Experience with HTML editing, FTP, and CMS programs
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Flexible hybrid working with wonderful central London office location
- Comprehensive training and career development opportunities, with access to courses, coaching and hosted training sessions.
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance, and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits includes 3 wellness days, birthday day off and 2 volunteer days.
- Regular social events
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.