Digital Media Strategy Manager
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants in the U.S.
We are looking for a digital media strategist who is deeply invested in their clients’ business, understands their consumers and is aware of cultural trends that unlock new insights to drive comms and media planning:
- Generate key observations and insights that serve as foundational building blocks to a strategic comms framework, which will be built in collaboration with the comms planner and account lead.
- Identify, and bring to the forefront, audience insights, competitive landscape and client goals to guide media recommendations
- Work collaboratively across Merkle’s organization (customer strategy, media, analytics, etc.) in the development of integrated brand and performance marketing plans.
- Work with the comms planner to craft the “story” together, which requires strong visual and verbal communication skills and a confident presentation style.
Applicants interested in this role should have an expertise in a wide range of online and marketing channels as well as experience working on financial services and retail accounts. We are seeking a proactive, self-starter with outstanding project management skills, organization, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will need to partner closely with team members across Merkle’s organization in strategy, media, account analytics and creative, and should have a working knowledge of key media channels (Display, CTV, Paid Social, Paid Search, SEO), media platforms (Facebook, Google, etc.) and media technology. This person will be passionate about keeping a pulse on digital industry trends and best practices for targeting, messaging, creative, and overall customer experience.
As a Digital Media Strategist, you will learn all the strategy team’s tools and understand how to maximize their use for generating applicable audience. media and marketing insights. You will also be asked to contribute thought leadership to Merkle’s quarterly reports, blogs and podcasts.
- 5+ years of media experience, with a proven record of achievement
- Background in digital media planning, consulting, agency experience, and ideally in-platform experience in Display, Paid Social, Paid Search or SEO
- The ideal candidate has a background or strong interest in retail and financial services
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and plans effectively – both verbally and visually
- Experience presenting and working with clients, as well as working collaboratively across teams
- Experience with syndicated research and social listening tools, such as: Comscore, Netbase, Simmons/MRI, Kantar, Mintel Comperemedia, Pathmatics, SimilarWeb, SEMRush
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $68,000-$106,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com