Paid Search (SEM) Associate Manager
OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES!!!
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As an SEM Associate Manager, you will be accountable for successfully managing paid search campaigns for enterprise-level clients. You will work under the direction of the Director, Paid Search and in coordination with a variety of cross-functional team members. The primary responsibilities in this role is to be the go-to resource for our clients, successfully lead the day-to-day strategic management of complex and sophisticated Search campaigns; direct, motivate, and mentor the account team; and act as the central hub of collaboration and problem solving across various departments/resources all the while delivering against aggressive client objectives. A successful person in this role is smart, ambitious, willing to roll-up their sleeves, and won’t stop until the goal is achieved. We’re seeking intelligent people who can passionately represent Merkle, develop the strategy behind category defining Search programs, ensure superior service delivery to our clients and engage in a manner that ensures a trusting and lasting relationship.
Search Campaign Management:
- Perform day-to-day campaign activities for enterprise level Paid Search (PPC) campaigns, including: bid management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing, campaign expansion, etc.
- Act as the main point of contact for the client, internal departments, and third party providers; Guided by your Director, Paid Search, you will spearhead collaboration, facilitate discussions, planning, and project management
- Contribute to the development and execution of market strategies for Paid Search campaigns, including developing strategic roadmaps, test plans, and risk/benefit analysis; as well as analyzing results and developing actionable insights
Analysis, Thought Leadership & Communication:
- Employ analytical reasoning, data analysis, and problem solving skills to effectively and efficiently manage campaigns. Professionally communicate findings to the client, regardless of the medium (in person, PowerPoint, email, etc)
- Demonstrate thought leadership and professional communication skills by developing and delivering client facing materials, such as presentations, Point of Views, business cases, and performance reports
- Utilize business acumen to work closely with client teams to identify and fully understand business needs, campaign performance objectives, and opportunities to grow the relationship
- We recognize many of the above mentioned areas may be an area of growth opportunity for you, therefore you will receive guidance from your Director, but you will be expected to demonstrate rapid growth in these core functions to be successful in your role
Teamwork & Project Management:
- Provide proactive mentorship of Search Specialists supporting accounts; effectively communicating task execution and timeline requirements, strategic guidance, and constructive feedback to aid in their growth in their core functional areas or responsibilities
- Active monitoring and sharing of industry news, on-line marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team key learnings…often on the fly at the client’s request
- Work comfortably in dynamic, time intensive environments where consistent fire drills and competing priorities are commonplace; Must manage expectations and priorities
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Business Experience:
- 2+ years' Search Engine Marketing (SEM) experience, preferably on the agency side
- SA360 experience a plus
- Capable of successfully leading mid-tier accounts with limited oversight
- You’re next to flawless when it comes to day-to-day campaign execution
- Ideally, you have some experience beyond just the two major search engines – we often work with GDN, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Comprehensive data analysis and problem solving skills; able to draw conclusions and with guidance, you are able to devise strategic recommendations based on findings
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills: pivot tables, Vlookups, and chart building. Working knowledge of Visual Basic macros is a plus.
- Additional SEM software skills a plus (e.g. Tableau, Hitwise, etc.)
You know when to self-solve vs. when to seek guidance, and aren’t afraid to ask for direction from the experts that surround you
You’re well organized, able to balance client timelines and business needs, possibly across multiple clients
You’re enthusiastic for identifying time-saving solutions. You often ask, “How can we automate this?”
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.