VP, Enterprise Sales (Adobe Commerce Cloud)
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 12,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2019 net revenue of $1.1 billion.
dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. dentsu international comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
- “Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position or work transfers.”
Location to work
- Must live in the USA - East Coast or Central Time Zone, preferred.
- Adobe Commerce Cloud, Enterprise Client Rolodex, (CMS) Content Management System, (DAM) Digital Asset Management, Working knowledge of Marketing Technology – Martech stacks and Adtech stacks
The Enterprise Sales Lead establishes and maintains internal stakeholder and client relationships to qualify and close new business deals. The Enterprise Sales Lead is responsible for generating new business through individual prospecting, sales leads, and concerted group collaboration. The successful ESL is highly motivated, a quick study, and a self-starter who keenly navigates through complex situations. The Successful Enterprise Sales Lead is a dynamic personality with the drive, know-how and follow-through to connect with key decision-makers within Merkle and prospect/client groups. The ESL concentrates on the big picture of prospective and current client needs, focuses on current capabilities, and consultatively cross/upsells within/between capabilities in Merkle and dentsu international.
The Enterprise Sales Lead drives business growth for Merkle with new and existing accounts in several ways:
- Originates and responds to new logo opportunities. Owns sales pursuit efforts for RFPs.
- Develops and maintains an accurate, high-quality sales pipeline aligned to Merkle’s sales process; Understands prospect/client and internal Merkle decision-making process and organizational map.
- Strategizes and executes sales roadmap through contact connections and follow-ups; Recalibrates efforts as necessary to meet sales quota goals.
- Analyzes prospective/current client business goals, objectives, needs, process, and existing infrastructure ensuring a consultative approach to prospect/client business and internal Merkle objectives.
- Forms multichannel partnerships with Merkle sales leadership including C-level, Industry and Growth leadership; Works closely with internal partnerships and cross-functional groups in defining, developing, and extending offerings to prospects and existing clients.
- Applies business-based sales principles and demonstrates relevant and transferable professional experience when developing sales strategy, opportunity briefs, and sales plans.
- Qualifies, upsells, and cross-sells opportunities within and across our core capabilities; Consults and provides sales expertise as needed in renewal efforts.
- Architects complex projects involving multiple Merkle solutions, key players, and business objectives; Ensures availability of suitable collaterals for offerings.
- Seven+ years consultative sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Master's degree a plus
- Documented experience architecting and closing large, consultative, complex solution sales deals for midsize to large corporations; Documented quota attainment.
- Clear understanding of the consumer and | or b2b buyer digital experience at personalization, site experience and commerce levels. Candidate should have a strong understanding of the digital commerce ecosystem with experience and success selling our alliance technology partner cloud solutions (personalization, content management, commerce, order management and marketplace solutions).
- Thought Leader/SME: Merkle-adjacent or alliance industry, technology space, and/or client industry knowledge; Highly engaged, active professional network within sales and industry space.
- Technical expertise/sales-based project management experience; Successfully determines on the front end of project: time constraints, resource constraints, effective allocation of resources, project scale, project scope, project duration, person resources/key players, multi-channel, and multi-solution integration components required for project success. Establishes and executes plan. Recalibrates as needed to hit key project milestones to achieve sales objectives.
- History of success working within an individual and team environments; Collaborative within team, leadership, and cross-functional teams to harness and drive new business; Ability to pursue and lead through influence and experience.
- Innovative and creative; Motivated to drive new business logos; Possess the drive, knowledge, and skill to prospect and qualify new business initiatives.
- Exceptional verbal, written and visual communication skills; History delivering engaging executive-level sales presentations to cross-functional groups.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $155k to $170k. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Additionally, this position is eligible for commission following the terms of the company’s plan in effect at the time the commission is earned. The company’s commission plans are subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle, an agency of Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at Merkle, a dentsu agency.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.