We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organisations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2018 net revenue of $846million.
Summary of role:
▪ The Java Developer contributes in the backend API technology stack,
▪The Java Dev works with the product and design teams to understand end user requirements and use cases and translate them pragma tic and effective technical solutions.
▪As well as improvements to DevOps tooling
▪ Shaping and implementing technology / business solutions to contribute to client organization's competitive differentiation
▪ Uses various software development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient
solutions that enhance client organization s technology stack
▪ Collaborates with other team members to implement user stories, write tests, and continuously deliver new / improved product functionality
▪ Communicates with internal IT teams to resolve technical dependencies during implementation
▪ Reporting to Java TL
▪ 3 + years history of total software development
▪ Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or similar, advanced degree preferred with
outstanding record of academic achievement.
▪ Experience working in JVM based programming languages like Java 11 and Kotlin
and modern backend frameworks like Spring Boot 2
▪ Significant experience writing, utilizing and securing RESTful API services in large
scale distributed applications.
▪ Experience with micro service architectures, including understanding of service
discovery and circuit breakers.
▪ Experience in build scripts Maven, CI Jenkins and Rabbit MQ is a plus.
▪ Experience with relational and non relational (e.g., MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB,
CouchDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearc h etc.) data stores.
▪ Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, test
driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications,
▪ Experience in container technologies like Docker / Kubernetes a plus.
▪ Experience in agile development methodologies
- An opportunity to work with one of India’s most promising companies in a genuine growth hacking role
- Unparalleled learning opportunities in the company of ridiculously smart folks with very high levels of expertise in their respective functions
- Fantastically transparent, vibrant and positive work culture