Analytics Admin Operations Associate
Merkle’s award winning Analytics team in the UK are growing rapidly and are looking for someone to join their Analytics Operations team to support them to maintain exceptional service levels. The successful candidate will specifically focus on supporting our Technology licensing and external training service lines.
This role could be based in London or another one of our office in Manchester or Edinburgh.
Life In Analytics Operations
· Support the Analytics training leads to process requests for client training
· Work with clients to arrange their training sessions
· Collect feedback from clients following training to help us improve our service
· Support the Advertising Consultancy team to update client technology licensing details
· Support our finance team to ensure clients are paying invoices in a timely fashion
· Working with technology partners like Google to help create new platform instances for new and existing clients
· Support with the collection and distribution of client facing communications / thought-leadership
· Support our legal team to process client contracts
· Support our sales team to add relevant details into internal sales systems
· Support our delivery teams to organise and share key information regarding our technology licensing and external training service lines
What we are looking for in you
· Administrative skills with very close attention to detail
· Customer service skills
· IT skills and a good understanding of Outlook
· Experience working as part of a wider team
- Attentive to client/customer service needs
- Enthusiasm for working with people and a flexible approach to work is essential
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
If you have any special requirements or needs throughout the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate these.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.