What’s trending in digital media as we welcome 2021 with hopes of a return to normalcy? How has ad spending been influenced by the election, the pandemic, and the promise of a vaccine? And how have big players like Amazon ads and Google Shopping fared in the face of overwhelming demand brought about by holiday shopping at home? Find out in the Q4 report. Since its launch in 2011, our Digital Marketing Report (DMR) has become one of the most highly regarded and frequently cited reports in the digital marketing industry. Here’s an idea of what you’ll find:
- Travel industry spend on Google search ads improved over Q3, as the rollout of the COVID vaccine brought brighter prospects for trips in 2021.
- Essential goods, and grocery in particular, produced the greatest organic search growth through the busy holiday season.
- Amazon's Sponsored Brands showed explosive growth in October as advertisers took advantage of the format for Prime Day.
- Facebook spend growth remained similar to Q3 levels, driven mainly by increases in CPM.
- Instagram Stories continued to gain share of spend for advertisers within the platform.
Performance Media & Digital Advertising
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)