7 Statistics on the Indian Digital Ad Industry in 2018
1. The Indian digital ad industry is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 32% to Rs 18,986 crore by 2020, Digital ad spends will touch almost 19,000 crores in three years which is almost same as the size of print ad industry today. It is expected to grow at 3X of industry average over this time to touch almost a quarter of ad spends. Of this, mobile is expected to take 60% of share.
2. Digital Media spends currently contribute to 15% of the total advertising industry and are expected to reach 24% of the entire market by 2020.
3. Google and Facebook continue to take the majority share of these spends, by some estimates, 80-85%. But this year might change that.
4. According to the report, 43% of the digital media budget is spent on advertising on the mobile devices (Rs 3,491 crore), as of 2017. The rest is spent on desktops (57 percent). While current digital media spend on mobile stands at 43%, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 49% to reach Rs 11,392 CR by 2020 (60% of the spends share). t will overtake spends on desktops by 2019.
5. Majority of the ad spends on desktops are made on Social Media (29%) followed by Search (27%) and Video (20%). Spends on Video on Desktops have seen the highest growth of 28% followed by Display (22%) and Social Media (20%).
6. A large chunk of the spends on mobile are made on Social Media (27%) followed by Search (25%) and Display (23%). Spends on Video on Mobile has seen the highest growth (74%) followed by Display (60%) and Social Media (57%).
7. While 85% of the digital media is currently purchased directly, the report expects programmatic to contribute to a quarter of all the digital media buying in India by 2020.
Source: Dentsu Aegis Network report 2018