Lead Business Systems Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Lead Business Systems Analyst is the key liaison between a high-profile client and the Merkle Technology Teams. This is a highly visible position, as the Lead Business Systems Analyst elicits and drives requirements and initiatives at multiple levels of detail for a Merkle client(s). The Lead Business Systems Analyst should have strong internal and external communication skills, data analysis skills, as well as attention to detail and process acumen to accurately document requirements and acceptance criteria for any given project.
- Serve as the marketing data expert for specific client, proactively providing points of view on various marketing data topics utilizing specific data and solution knowledge in addition to prior experience, as well as ensuring best practices are followed
- Interface with the client and multi-disciplinary teams within Merkle (Business Intelligence, Omni-Channel Campaign Execution, Database and Data Warehouse Developers, Project Managers, Account Managers and Analytics) to support the solution delivery process
- Synthesize complex and high-level business needs into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements and explanations at multiple levels of detail
- Take primary ownership for data understanding and explanation, as well as written requirements specifications, from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery
- Take direction from Technology leadership regarding schedule, scope, and cost tradeoffs
- Assist with the delivery of enhancements into production solutions by designing and supporting the formal client acceptance process, according to Merkle’s defined standards, while communicating with development teams to trace accuracy
- Accurately document requirements and acceptance criteria for a Merkle Marketing solutions
- Perform analysis of new data for inclusion in a marketing database structure, and ad-hoc analysis of data in the database to support the requirements process
- Investigative intuition to value-add accuracy and points of view in a data environment
- Help to identify and implement process improvements, while also championing best practices and efficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience identifying, documenting and finalizing requirements for a marketing database solutions, translating requirements into design documentation, overseeing testing scenarios and process through successful execution and production
- Familiarity with multi-channel marketing platform technologies and what they do is a plus (Preferred: Adobe Campaign, Marketo, Redpoint, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Adobe Experience Platform)
- Must be able to define requirements to support campaign workflow development
- Experience in mentoring junior level resources
- Experience with test planning and use cases
- Heavy SQL experience to conduct detailed data analysis
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, environment and rapidly master complex data structures
- Exhibits intense curiosity, to dig beneath the superficial and identify facts
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to drive to the root of questions/issues/concerns, identify next steps, and efficiently and effectively find resolutions
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $80,000 to $120,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/