Systems Administrator, Infrastructure Managed Services
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company across several key verticals. For 30+ years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and optimize strategic customer portfolio value. Our history positions us as a global leader in 1st-party, identify-driven marketing. With 12,000+ dedicated employees across 50+ global offices, Merkle’s growth rate continues to outpace the market, with 2021 global net revenue of over two billion.
Merkle is an agency of dentsu International. Dentsu’s mission is to help clients navigate, progress, and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on dentsu’s integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. dentsu international comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries.
Why Join Us?
Merkle is the leader in data-driven performance marketing. We help brands achieve tremendous competitive advantage. We thrive because we employ the best in the business. Merkle’s energy lives in everything we do, and it shows in the way we deliver to our clients. Click here to learn more about our culture. Additionally, we’re recognized as top global partners by some of the world’s leading technology firms including Google, AWS, Salesforce, Adobe and more.
The Systems Administrator, Infrastructure Managed Services role within Merkle is responsible for providing Tier 2 support for infrastructure within the Merkle Loyalty & Promotions environments. The Systems Administrator must be able to assess the scope and impact of incidents and services requests and respond with an appropriate sense of urgency following all applicable policies and procedures, keep up to date on industry trends and deliver the highest level of customer service possible. Candidates will work in a team setting, sharing information, collaborating and assisting other team members. Candidate must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a drive to be part of a larger team and engage with broad Corporate IT challenges and initiatives.
The Systems Administrator reports to the Director, Data Platforms. The role will work with a team of geographically distributed Merkle staff and contract employees.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and technical support of enterprise-class systems, with regard to ITIL/ITSM processes/practices while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards
- Provide incident and service request support for assigned Information Technology platforms
- Plan, coordinate and execute change management activities
- Ensure that all solutions are aligned with IT standards and best practices
- Ensure that controls designed to ensure security and availability of the Merkle information technology environment are adhered to
- Identify areas in need of improvement and develop a solution which addresses those needs
- Provide high level of customer service to all levels of the organization
- Manage and prioritize multiple incidents and service requests while adapting to changing business conditions
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks
- Provide input to automation efforts
- Act as an escalation point for incidents and service requests not resolved in the Tier 1 organization
- Provide on-call and after-hours support as required
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
- Familiarity working in cloud environments, specifically AWS, with components including VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, etc. Understanding of AWS database technologies like Redshift and RDS is a plus.
- Expertise with Linux operating system environments (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu)
- Strong understanding of web/DB applications, such as Apache, nginx, HAProxy, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with message brokers and caching technologies, such as RabbitMQ, Redis and Memcached
- Demonstrate an understanding of configuration management solutions (Cfengine, Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Familiarity with Git to maintain code versioning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of directory and authentication services, such as Active Directory, LDAP, and Kerberos.
- Enterprise productization processes, including developing product guides, asset management, data protection, capacity management, performance management, and lifecycle management
- Experience with Scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, etc. is required
Education and Experience:
- Requires 3+ years of experience supporting and implementing enterprise-class solutions operating in a 24/7 environment.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Industry certification relevant to specific field of technology highly desired.
- ITIL experience and certification highly desired.
- Understanding of enterprise infrastructure concepts and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to learn new skills, techniques, and responsibilities and train other team members.
- Proactive, upbeat and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent.
- Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration.
Measures of Success:
- Consistently drive technical incidents/service requests to resolution within SLA/OLA timeframe, escalating where appropriate.
- Contribution to the development and implementation of existing and new IT solutions that exceed customer expectations on time and on budget.
- Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys, completed on a periodic basis.
- Rapid personal and career growth.
At Merkle, we have created a great place to work by sticking to our core belief that a great company is built around great people and great results.
dentsu “eight ways” shape and guide the way we do things here, so that, together, we can achieve the ‘never before’ for our clients, for society and for each other.
We dream loud.
We inspire change.
We team without limits.
We all lead.
We make it real.
We climb high.
We choose excitement.
We are a force for good.
We are dentsu.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle, an agency of Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at Merkle, a dentsu agency.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.