Embodying the spirit of the iconic Australian summer filled with sun, surf and sand, it’s their bold prints, creative use of texture and modern cuts that allow them to stand out from the crowd, both in Australia and overseas.
With customers’ impression of Seafolly as a swimwear-only brand, there was a need to establish a Loyalty Program to reduce the seasonality of purchasing behaviour and improve customer experience. The program was named ‘The Beach Club’.
Seafolly's core goals by launching The Beach Club were:
- Stabilise purchasing behaviour
- Increase spend per customer
Seafolly and Merkle Australia created a loyalty program that works across offline (bricks & mortar) and e-commerce purchasing within the Salesforce Customer Success Platform. They are creating more meaningful segmentation capabilities based on loyalty metrics to enable more targeted email and SMS campaigns.
- Merkle Australia delivered through a blended retained team allowed agile delivery of architects and point-solution engineers to consistently iterate without blockers
- Work was delivered onsite where possible as a co-located team to reduce inefficiencies and miscommunication
- Integrated project management allowed a consistent customer experience and coordination of the delivery of multiple internal and external client deliverables
- Leveraged a multi-cloud environment, including Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and the customer's existing ERP and integration platform FusionFactory
- Built custom objects and data points with Service Cloud environment to hold loyalty data and offer full-scale view of the customer
- Implemented AppExchange product DESelect to enable the customer to utilise complex relational loyalty data without having to write code, reducing reliance on external partners and increasing efficiency of campaign deployment
- Automation Studio and SQL Query was used to build out audiences that included retargeting based on past purchase behaviour; actively engaged audiences; regional audiences; SMS audiences.
- The use of these segments allowed more targeted messaging around fashion sales, in-store events and other events to more specific members.
- The AppExchange product DESelect was also implemented to enable self-sufficiency and reduce campaign deployment time to market.
- Content Builder custom templates were built to ensure consistent Seafolly, Sunburn and BeachClub branding, with re-usable AMPscript code snippets ensuring personalisation such as name, reward balance, special offer validity and currency.
- A custom preference centre in Cloud Pages enabled Seafolly to have consistent branding and update their Salesforce CRM directly, logging preferences and status changes immediately.
- The use of Journey Builder enabled Seafolly to automate a series of loyalty-based communications designed for specific audiences throughout the customer lifecycle.
"By bringing in Salesforce and giving agents the ability to manage everything from one screen, we have been able to reduce our average response time by half. We have customers calling up to ask for our team by name and enjoying the 1:1 service. It is also much easier to onboard new team members with a single view and clear history of each customer"
Caroline Swarbrick, Chief Digital Officer at Seafolly.